We discernmentalists must be confident of one’s own righteousness….. we have a right to be smug, moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behaviours of others because…
1) We are not like the others
2) We have mastery of the bible (unlike you) and are above criticism
3) We have a right to point fingers because we are better than you
4) We have perfect theology (thanks to Calvin) and thru osmosis KNOW who is and is not in the Kingdom of God.
5) To us doctrine means theology, and theology means merely mental assent …with no connection to loving our neighbour (unless that means setting others right with haughtiness and condescension).
Might I remind you of this powerful verse I keep close to my heart “Let your self-righteousness shine before men, that they may see how good your doctrines are and that you may glorify your clan, tribe and ultimately yourself as you attempt to defend God’s truth” The Extended Matthew Version.