We believe there is not such thing as a biblical discussion because there is truth and there is error.
We don’t make error, you make error.
We state the truth (because we have THE OFFICIAL DISCERNMENTALIST STANDARD ORTHODOX BIBLE BELIEVING REPUBLIICAN RIGHT WING TRUTH OF THE AMERICAN GOSPEL) and you must assent to it otherwise you are an unorthodox, bible hating liberal that you are. There is no discussion other than us telling how to believe, how to behave, who to vote for, how to think and and how to live. Moreover, you need to LEARN to fear a lot of things too if you want to be as pure as us.
This is why we believe in promoting the following when we speak to others….
1. A willful ignorance in which we choose to embrace a caricature of someone’s view rather than truly seek to understand it – or worse, an intentional dishonesty in advancing such a caricature we know to be misleading or untrue.
2. An unwillingness to allow persons to speak in their own words and argue against the actual content of their position.
3. Rejection of a view “out of hand” without having considered the merits of the argument.
4. An unwillingness to engage in real discussion, either talking past each other by ignoring the honest questions of others or engaging in debate/rhetorical techniques that are designed to win an argument rather than actually seek the truth.
5. Taking offense or rejecting an argument because of a perceived practical implication or application of someone’s view rather than the view itself.
6. Ascribing a perceived logical outcome of an opponents view and attacking that outcome rather than the view itself.
7. A willful blindness to our own presuppositions and or a failure to acknowledge those presuppositions of which we are aware.
8. Parsing words to the point of ascribing hidden agendas or extracting meanings never intended by the person.
9. Failure to give one’s opponent the benefit of the doubt in terms of personal motives.
10. A blindness to our own motives and personal agendas.
11. Attacking the character of the person rather than the argument made.
12. Responses that are reactionary not thoughtful – i.e., responding to something which we have neither read, sought to understand, reflected, nor considered the merits yet on which we have a strong, unwavering opinion that must be heard.
13. Responding to critics from a defensive posture rather than engaging in real discussion in a common desire for truth.
14. Name-calling or lumping a person into a particular camp in order to dismiss one’s argument without engaging it.
15. A dogmatic approach to issues which are tertiary in nature, on which persons of good conscience disagree, and which are more unclear in Scripture than we are willing to admit.
16. A failure to do theological triage resulting in an elevation of tertiary issues to secondary or even first order status.
17. A failure to have an irenic spirit and treat our opponents with respect.
18. A lack of humility.
When you are as truthful as we are…we don’t need to be humble. We simply need to be defensive and caustic to prove our point. Please imbibe and practice these 18 points if your are a mighty truth warrior.