Last year, around the time that Glenn Beck was organizing his “Restoring Honor” rally on the National Mall, concern started bubbling up from the Religious Right fringes about Beck’s Mormon faith, especially from people like Brannon Howse, president and founder of Worldview Weekend, who started using his radio program to attack Mormonism as “America’s Islam” and warn that Beck was spreading “anti-Biblical beliefs.”
- Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
- Second: Never go outside the experience of your people. Wherever possible go outside of the experience of the enemy.
- 3rd: Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.
- The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.
- Finally, Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.