November 10, 2019
The University of ODMafia is now offering the following certificate of learning with the following: Certificate of Specializing In Non-Essentials. This intense 6 week course will help you to argue over things that are not important (but make them central to your Christian walk) such as:
1) Disliking and picking fights with people who like Rob Bell
2) Disparaging anyone who likes any of Obama’s political ideas (Emphasis will be on guilt by association for any Evangelicals who have been asked to pray, or talk with the President)
3) Finding fault with every page of Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Drivel Church
4) Attacking Rick Warren for his emphasis on Pauline apologetics (see Acts 17) when addressing the Muslims instead of zealous preaching of the Online Discernmentalist Gospel
5) Finding problems and issues with the Emerging Church (EC), even things that one would commonly agree with…but because they were from the EC it MUST be rejected and attacked.
You will find that this course will strengthen your ability and expertise as a Discernmentalist.
September 17, 2019
I have read the following and therefore this is both a statement and question “Chapter 18 of Revelation contains the heart of John’s critique: (a) the idolatrous worship of the harlot, “fornication,” that demands loyalty and conformity; (b) Babylon’s violence, especially toward people of faith; (c) Babylon’s smug self-glorification and the high value it placed on power; and (d) Babylon’s materialism and unjust economics. When we look critically at the entire experience of the U.S. in the 1991 war against Iraq, we can see many parallels, not the least of which is the practical atheism of U.S. foreign policy. “
Fred Farquier, Iowa
We are not sure why you would believe such a preposterous thing. We cannot possibly be Babylon! When does the USA call for absolute conformity? I mean when we go to war against Third World Nations….but that is because we are under terrible threat by such aggressive countries such as Nicaragua, Grenada, Iran, Iraq, Honduras and so on.
Look around we’re really not that materialistic….certainly not as bad as commie countries or totalitarian ones. Besides foreign policy is solely based on the bible. Also, I must strongly caution you (STOP!!!) looking critically with the respect of the two wars in Iraq in both 1991 and 2003…remember they are clearly the bad guys. True bible believing-naturalized-christian-republicans never question war. To question war is to be liberal. Its ok to protest the unborn, just don’t protest against young adults going off to fight for their tribe country by getting their brains blown out. That’s different. We need to fight for whatever lie our government tells us to fight for. Remember Jesus calls us sheep for a reason.
Also keep in mind that in 2003 Iraq was ready to invade and pounce on us at any moment with their military might that had a budget that was slightly smaller than Canada’s. Clearly that is a threat that we must contend with. Keep that in mind the next time you don’t want to go to war.